Todd Voge (VCS Consulting) Earns CISSP Designation
We are happy to say that VCS Consulting’s owner, Todd Voge, has earned the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation from ISC².
Holding this certification shows knowledge across ten different security “Domains” as presented by ISC². Knowledge of each of these domains is required in order to pass the certification exam. The domains are:
- Access Control – A collection of mechanisms that work together to create security architecture to protect the assets of the information system.
- Telecommunications and Network Security – Discusses network structures, transmission methods, transport formats and security measures used to provide availability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Information Security Governance and Risk Management – The identification of an organizations’s information assets and the development, documentation and implementation of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Software Development Security – Refers to the controls that are included within systems and applications software and the steps used in their development.
- Cryptography – The principles, means and methods of disguising information to ensure its integrity, confidentiality and authenticity.
- Security Architecture and Design – Contains the concepts, principles, structures and standards used to design, implement, monitor, and secure, operating systems, equipment, networks, applications, and those controls used to enforce various levels of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Operations Security – Used to identify the controls over hardware, media and the operators with access privileges to any of these resources.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning – Addresses the preservation of the business in the face of major disruptions to normal business operations.
- Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance – Addresses computer crime laws and regulations; the investigative measures and techniques which can be used to determine if a crime has been committed and methods to gather evidence.
- Physical (Environmental) Security – Addresses the threats, vulnerabilities and countermeasures that can be utilized to physically protect an enterprises’s resources and sensitive information.
After a week of immersion study, the certification test was taken and the wait for results ensued. After nearly 5 weeks, a positive result was returned and the CISSP designation was attained.
What does this mean for you? You have a security specialist ready to help guide you through your regulatory nightmares. We have the knowledge and skills to help create a security and governance group in your business that will keep you up-to-date and legal.